Pages

Monday 11 March 2024

Target Group Selection

My target group has slightly evolved over the last few weeks as I had intended to focus on a group of students that were across two different reading groups however I have had a few students not return to Pt England this year. So what I am in the process of doing is combing both of these reading groups and having them all as my group of target students for 2024. Below I will outline some of the ways in which I have selected this group of students to be my target group. 

2023 Data
The first thing that I did was look at the data from 2023 and see what their end of year running record age and level was. I have also looked at end of year PAT data to gauge where these students are. 

2024 PAT Data
Now that we have finished testing and I can see the PAT data from this year I have had a overall look at the data across my team and class. From this I have then looked at the students that I had initially selected as my target group and the students around similar reading ages who have returned to Pt England this year and I have had a deep dive into their PAT reading and star tests which I have recored and will show later on this term. 

Classroom Observations
As stated in one of my previous blog posts I used observations of students and what they are showing during our reading lessons. I have observed through guided reading sessions to see how students interact with each other and how they share ideas in a group. I have observed students reading aloud in a guided reading session. I have also observed these learners during independent reading time to notice what might be happening for them in reading. 


Learner survey
Finally I have used the data collected from my learner survey to see what trends there are in the responses of students and how they feel about learning. 

Each of these things that I have looked at has contributed to why I have selected this group of students to be my target learners this year. Along with the discussions I have had with senior leaders and other colleagues. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

RPI Day 4: Guided Reading

In today's session we have taken a deep dive into guided reading and some of the key components and elements of guided reading, the lear...