Pages

Monday 26 February 2024

School Leaders Discussion

After looking at my data, observing my students and completing tasks for RPI I have had a few discussions with our deputy principal Toni Nua around my inquiry focus. With RPI this year we have regular coaching sessions around what we have learnt and what we are going to implement. One of the first discussions that I had with Toni was around selecting my target group of learners and what some of the challenges that the students might be facing with reading. We looked at the PAT data together and agreed that my group of students who are reading between the ages of 7 and 8.5 would be a good focus for my inquiry this year. 

Since this first meeting I have completed some other observations with my students and have had the opportunity to share some of these observations with Toni. These conversations have been invaluable as I am able to share what I am thinking and seeing in the classroom and Toni has given me suggestions and ideas that I can work through in the classroom. This focus also fits in with our school and cluster goals for this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

RPI Day 4: Guided Reading

In today's session we have taken a deep dive into guided reading and some of the key components and elements of guided reading, the lear...