Thursday 14 September 2017

Introducing new google sites

This week we have had a chance to look at the new google sites. I was a bit apprehensive to begin with because we had spent so much time with classic sites and I was used to that set up BUT it is time for change so I embraced it eventually! I am so amazed with some of the features on the new sites and what is possible, I definitely think that there are some aspects of the site which will make my life easier adding things to the site in time for a new week of learning. It is amazing that you can upload more than one image at a time and that you can move things around the screen at your leisure rather than having to set up tables and then having to be precise about how you position things. Below is an image of the homepage for my new site:


It was so much quicker and easier to put buttons in the site and make sure that they line up and look visually appealing. The only downside at this stage on the new sites is the ability to move the words which say "Kelsey's Sites" I would really like this to be down at the bottom and to the right more but I am sure this is something that will eventually be changed by google as they update the sites. I am impressed so far with what I have seen and I will be using these sites in the future perhaps for my teaching standards page. I will be interested to see all of the new things that will be added and how this will make a difference to time when adding things to the site. It is really great to now had a place where I can get to all my sites and important places with one click of a button. I think I will create an extra page for all of the websites and places I go to regularly for my teaching so watch this space. 

1 comment:

  1. i have enjoyed reading your thoughts about this day Kelsey. i think you will appreciate knowing how to work within HTML and tables when you encounter other apps and tools of interest in the future, but I agree that new sites are going to make teachers work flow much simpler.

    ReplyDelete

Academic Reading

Our next CoL PLG is this afternoon and we have been asked to read a piece of academic reading and to highlight some quote from the text to s...